So Many Golf Bags
The purpose of golf bags is clear, yet it is very difficult to choose the right one. The main reason for this difficulty is that your choice of bag is often felt as a personal extension of your golfing. The plethora of golf bags on the market also makes it extremely difficult to select the perfect bag.
A Quick Overview of the Three Main Types of Golf Bags For Sale
There are three main types of golf bags available for the amateur player. Each design has its own features, but the common focus is always on being lightweight and durable. A quick glance will narrow the search for a new bag to the right type and where the more difficult choice of pockets and zips comes into play.
- Cart bag. A golf cart bag offers the full house in terms of storage since the bag will be strapped to a golf cart for the whole day of play. It usually has just a single carry strap and is made of rigid material. Ample internal dividers keep your clubs separate, and the multiple pockets all face in the same direction for easy access.
- Stand bag. A golf stand bag is the middle ground of bags. The construction is rigid, but it is also lightweight and features an integrated stand and ergonomic carrying harness to reduce fatigue. These bags have the space for a full set of clubs, a security compartment for valuables, and often a cooler pocket. They can be carried, mounted on a pull-cart, or strapped to a golf cart, which makes a stand bag extremely versatile for all courses.
- Carry bag. A carry bag, also known as a Sunday bag, is a non-rigid bag for just the few essential clubs. The emphasis is on extremely lightweight design and the bag usually only has one large side pocket for everything. This is the bag to choose if you like walking the course and don't need a full set of clubs to enjoy your game.
What to Look at When Choosing the Right Golf Bag
Once you've chosen the right style of bag, you must start investigating all the other aspects of both your personal requirements and the features that make for a great golf bag. Here is a short list of the most important things to consider:
- Weight. Always make sure that you will be able to lift the bag when fully loaded with clubs, balls, and towels. Never choose a bag that is too heavy, as nothing frustrates your game more than a back injury caused by lifting the golf bag onto the cart.
- Dividers and pockets. Choose a bag with full-length dividers and preferably a separate slot for the putter. This design will prevent the grips from bunching together at the lowest point and becoming damaged as you ram the clubs home after each play. Similarly, make sure that the pockets are all easily accessible and that the zips open and close in the right direction. It is a good idea to make a list of everything that you carry out onto the course and then check if there is a pocket on the bag for it.
- Size. Measure the bag and triple-check that it will fit in your car, on the cart, and in the closet at home. Otherwise, you'll have to buy a bigger car.
Golf Paradise Terrey Hills has a wide selection of bags available for speedy delivery anywhere in Australia using our preferred courier. Contact us if you need any assistance in making your selection for a waterproof golf bag.